Returns & Warranty
Changing your mind / purchasing the wrong product by mistake
If you change your mind after making a purchase, or realise you have purchased the incorrect item, you can enjoy the peace of mind that we offer a 7 day exchange policy. If there is not a suitable product that can be exchanged for your returned item you will be offered a refund on your account and charged a $4 restock and handling fee. To exchange a product, goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition, and we will need to be notified within 7 days of purchase / delivery. Shipping costs are non-refundable and will not be credited.
Incorrectly supplied products
If you have been accidentally supplied the wrong product, Screenhug will supply the correct product (where it is available) or issue a credit / refund. In these circumstances, if the Consumer Guarantees Act applies to the purchase, we will meet our obligations under that Act. Otherwise, if the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply:
- To supply the correct product the incorrect product will first need to be returned to us;
- We will need to be notified within 7 days of purchase / delivery;
- The incorrect product supplied must be in resalable / unused condition.
Products damaged in transit
If your product has been damaged during transit to your delivery address we will replace your product (if it is available) or issue a credit / refund. In these circumstances; evidence is required for courier claims, in the form of a photo or video. If the Consumer Guarantees Act applies to the purchase, we will meet our obligations under that Act. Otherwise, if the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply, unless we agree otherwise, you must notify us within 48 hours of delivery in order to be eligible for a replacement, credit or refund.
Products that are faulty upon arrival
If the product you received is faulty upon arrival or where the Consumer Guarantees Act applies, the products do not comply with the guarantees under that Act, we will either repair or replace your product, or issue a credit / refund. Without limiting any rights you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act, in order to repair, replace or issue a credit / refund for your faulty product, it will need to be returned to us so we can test and confirm that it is faulty. If the Consumer Guarantees Act applies, we will meet our obligations under that Act, Otherwise, if the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply, all returns of this nature must be made within 14 days of purchase / delivery.
Products used or installed
Our warranty does not apply where damage is caused by the installer or other factors, including:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Incorrect installation or damage through mishandling;
- Liquid or water damage
- Excessive wear and tear due to mishandling or failure to follow operating instructions.
- Battery leakage or infiltration of foreign particles;
- Batteries that have been pierced, bent or damaged in any way from installation or other means.
- Use of the product with unsuitable accessories.
- Shipment or other transit. Screenhug will not be responsible for damage or loss in transit. Our liability ends once the item has left our premises and tracking details have been provided to the customer. The courier services that Screenhug uses, include a loss in transit and damage insurance, if the product is in their hands, you must claim your warranty through the chosen shipping company and notify us of the claim.
- When Apple iOS or Android Software updates cause faults.